Are you tired of web site builders who don’t understand you? Looking for Canterbury NZ WebSites, SEO and Marketing?
Do you need someone who will actually LISTEN to what you need, what your business needs, what your customers need?
You need someone who has enough actual real-life experience building and ranking web sites and running an online business to be able to help you through the tricky bits, and advise you on what is possible.
Relocated home to Canterbury NZ, after many years of experience in Australia, and ready to bring all this to your small business wherever you are in the world. And now expanded to have bases in North Canterbury (Cheviot), Central Canterbury (Christchurch) and South Canterbury (Timaru), so we really do have Canterbury SEO covered!
Someone who will totally blow your mind with ideas about what can be done. Ideas you have never heard of. More importantly, ideas that your COMPETITORS have never heard of.
Here at Gecko Gully, the team is lead by Christine F. Abela, who has many years of experience creating web sites for small businesses like yours. She has specialised in sites for craft businesses, but brings her gentle down-to-earth approach to all her client relationships.
Without Christine we would not have a website. It was all set up for a very reasonable price, after a lot of personal consultation so it suited our needs admirably. As we are computer novices Christine willingly answered many questions over many months to help us manage the site. She continues to offer great support to all her clients and sort out problems as quickly as possible. She does not just set you up and then forget you. We have recommended her to friends and will continue to do so.
Christine is more than just a web developer. She continually educates herself in the online trends and developments and communicates exceptionally well with her clients. She has a sound knowledge of marketing and combines this with her technical knowledge to give you a chance in the web game !
“…you give the personal touch plus a big 100% and more service… I love working with you!”
I am often required to analyse online presence for a business. That is, I need to look carefully at what the business is doing online, and give an opinion on how it could be improved.
Sometimes these improvements can be done by the business owner, but quite often the business owner will contact me and ask me to assist with some or all of this.
Note that there are many more areas I can help with, for example video marketing, email newsletters and so on, but in terms of evaluating the business’ current online presence, here is my checklist. I will expand on some of these in other posts, and add links…
Website (if you have one)
In my opinion, most businesses should have a website. Ideally, this should be built with a tool such as WordPress, so that the business owner can update it themselves.
Here are the minimum features I look for in a website:
- mobile friendly, ideally with AMP pages
- security certificate
- Using Google Analytics and Google Search Central (formerly Google Webmaster Tools)
- Facebook tracking pixel
- contact information present, correct and easy to find
- business hours present, correct and easy to find
- visually appealing, current-looking
- recently updated
- plenty of keyword-rich content
- link to Facebook or other social media, preferably on every page in an obvious position
- updated COVID-19 information
- invitation to join email mailing list to get newsletter
Some of this will only apply for “local” businesses – that is, those that do in-person sales or services within a local area, and have a street address.
- website (if present) ranks at top of Google for query on business name
- Google My Business (GMB) entry claimed
- business name, contact information and business hours on GMB consistent with website
- 10+ photos relevant to business on GMB
- 20+ reviews on GMB, at least 10 in the last year, with replies
- questions on GMB, if present, have been answered
- links on GMB to website if present, Facebook if present
- at least 1 Google Post in last 7 days; ideally several over last 2 months
- updated COVID-19 information on GMB
- Facebook page present and easy to find in Facebook search
- business name, contact information and business hours consistent with website
- link to website
- 20+ reviews, at least 10 in the last year, with replies
- at least 1 Facebook Post in last 7 days; ideally several over last 2 months
- updated COVID-19 information
Summary - How to Analyse Online Presence
If you would like some help to analyse online presence for your business, please get in touch. All of the above are things I can help you with. I look forward to working with you!